Terms & Conditions for Full Driver Education
The driving education class consists of 30 hours of classroom instruction, 6 hours behind the wheel (btw) instruction. The minimum age for the student to take driver’s education is 15 years.
Requirement for attending online class
Each student needs to have computer, webcam, and internet access.
30 Hours of classroom
- All students must start the classroom sessions with unit 1.
- The student must attend every session, participate in all classes take all units, quizzes, and the final exam.
- The final exam should not be given until a student completes the entire course, the final exam must be passed with at least 80%.
- If a student misses a class, he/she needs to do make the missed class up, students are not allowed to just make up time missed.
- Any student who missed more than 12 hours of the class must restart the course
6 Hours Behind the Wheel (BTW)
- The students MUST have passed their knowledge test and received their driver permit in order to begin BTW.
- Arriving without a valid (State) Learner’s Permit or Driver’s License, being impaired for any reason (lake of sleep, intoxication, medication, etc.), or wearing footwear which may impair the ability to safely operate the vehicle, the lesson will be cancelled and considered a no-show, therefore a no-show fee will be applied.
- If an Instructor sees that a student may not pass the BTW phase, he/she may recommend that the student defer his/her 2nd or 3rd lesson in order to have more practice driving with a parent or mentor, or they may take Extra Practice. If a student fails the BTW portion, they must practice and then arrange with the school to re-take the failed lesson and will be charged. Any lesson outside of the 6 hours included in the course is at an additional charge.
- If you must cancel or reschedule your driving session. It must be done at least 24 hours in advance ( Monday-Saturady between 10:00am to 3:00pm) to avoid $50fee. If you do not show for your lesson, you will be charged $50. Illness and other emergencies with documentation can be submitted to the office manager for fee waiver consideration. The student should make contact with both the Driving instructor and Office manager within 24 hours of the missed session to reschedule.
- Please be patient if your instructor is a few minutes late. He/She may be detained on a driving test with another student. (If not there by 15 minutes after the appointment, please call the office number.)
- There is 10 minutes break time for two hours training which can be taken anytime during the session to review strength/weakness with a student.
- Each student is scheduled for three 2-hour BTW sessions. We try our best to schedule BTW sessions to be completed within the course duration. The MVA recommends that we do not begin the Behind the Wheel sessions until after the third classroom session.
- The Behind the Wheel (BTW) portion of the program is divided into three lessons of 2 hours each, for a total of 6 hours, and the schedule varies for each person. It could take as long as few months, depending on circumstances such as when you are available and how busy we are. Each lesson is held separately on a different day.
If students successfully complete both parts of the program (Classroom and Behind the Wheel), they will receive a letter of completion. Please allow 3 days for the processing of your electronic certificate.
Students that withdraw from the driver education program prior to completion are entitled to a prorated refund according to the following schedule:
- Withdraw prior to start: 100% of the fees paid.
- Withdraw after start:
15% of fees paid divided by 30 hours of each hour of the classroom not completed;
85% of fees paid divided by 6 hours for each hour of behind the wheel instruction not completed.
Refunds will be forwarded to the address of record within 15 days of the date that written notification of withdrawal is made.
In addition to the monetary refund, students will receive documentation of any training that was completed on the appropriate MVA provided forms.